At 3GO we’re taking a different approach to protecting US consumers so they can shop, learn, bank and invest online safely. We start with robust coaching – because there can’t be any protection unless each person knows and implements the basics of strong cybersecurity. We work with members to assess their needs and put essential protections in place first. Then we sustain and build on that protection with additional actions, ongoing monitoring and other features.
Most credit and dark web monitoring fails by overwhelming consumers with warnings – too many of which are dated, duplicative, or not helpful. We’re committed to knowing our members at a level that will allow our alerts to be relevant and actionable. We’ve worked with cybersecurity experts on a data strategy to ingest and normalize vast amounts of data in a way that supports our immediate needs and that will support the upcoming use of machine learning to discover additional patterns and correlations.
Here’s where you come in – we’re looking for a data scientist to manage our efforts to identify, acquire and analyze cybersecurity threat data as it pertains to US consumers. This role is central to our efforts to provide relevant, actionable warnings to our members and to continually update our product in response to changes in the threat environment. The skills to build and manage a large database, develop models and produce insights from complex data are crucial. A background in cybersecurity is preferred but not mandatory.
We’re really looking for someone excited about the role this data will play in saving ordinary people from being scammed out of their savings, embroiled in identity theft and other criminal attacks. You’ll work closely with our platform and application development team, cybersecurity specialists group, and learning & development department in a fast-moving, fast growth, fully remote environment.
- Ultimately manage the 3GO proprietary threat database
- Build models that identify, correlate and relevance-rank threat data to customer profiles
- Work interdepartmentally to identify areas of improvement in data collection and handling, to support effective insight generation
- Track the performance of alerts and actions to ensure we measurably increase member security and attack avoidance
- Create and own analytics dashboards that will inform and update stakeholders on the threat environment
- If needed, learn about cybersecurity practices, tools, and compliance frameworks as relate to our members
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Assist with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cybersecurity awareness training
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of experience working in an analytical role within cybersecurity, tech or business intelligence
- Experience with large data sets
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Demonstrated business judgment in generating insights and actionable next steps from complex data
- Effective multi-stakeholder communications, both written and verbal, in the context of both day-to-day operations and long-term planning, including at a distance across time zones
- Experience using data platforms and collaborating to provide feedback on tools and highlight areas for improvement
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to learn, teach and share knowledge
- Excellent corporate work ethic (timely, respectful, and considerate to co-workers, honest)
- Work with minimal supervision, follow through and complete assigned tasks on schedule
- The ideal candidate will be service-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to help us achieve our mission of keeping millions of people safe online
- Advanced degree in a STEM field
- Strong understanding of the data security principles needed to implement security controls and oversee data security practices
- Familiarity with various security and compliance frameworks such as NIST, PCI, and SOC
- Relevant security certification (CISSP, CISM, CISA, etc)
- Broad knowledge of computer networking and cloud technologies.
About 3GO Security
3GO is a personalized security service that protects members from fraud and loss. Every member receives individualized advice and security solutions focused on the steps that matter most to ensure their online security, financial well-being and peace of mind.
3GO is rapidly building a diverse, distributed team. We are committed to equal opportunity and seek to hire people from a variety of backgrounds, cultures and perspectives. The more inclusive we are, the better we can protect all our customers from online threats.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Jobs@get3go.com